1. What are the base-pairing rules for DNA?
FORMCHECKBOX a) A-G, T-C
FORMCHECKBOX b) A-C, T-G
FORMCHECKBOX c) A-U, C-G
FORMCHECKBOX d) A-T, G-C.
2. Anticodons pair with
FORMCHECKBOX a) mRNA codons.
FORMCHECKBOX b) DNA codons
FORMCHECKBOX c) RNA anticodons.
FORMCHECKBOX d) amino acids.
3. A duplicated chromosome has
FORMCHECKBOX a) two chromatids.
FORMCHECKBOX b) four chromatids
FORMCHECKBOX c) eight chromatids.
FORMCHECKBOX d) one chromatid.
4. Crossing over mixes up
FORMCHECKBOX a) chromosomes
FORMCHECKBOX b) alleles
FORMCHECKBOX c) zygotes.
FORMCHECKBOX d) gametes
5. The stage of meiosis that makes the descendent cells haploid is
FORMCHECKBOX a) prophase I.
FORMCHECKBOX b) prophase II.
FORMCHECKBOX c) anaphase I.
FORMCHECKBOX d) anaphase II.
FORMCHECKBOX e) methaphase I.
FORMCHECKBOX f) metaphase II.
6. Assuming complete dominance, crosses between two dihybrid F1 pea plants, which are offspring from a cross AABB aabb, result in F2 phenotypic ratios of
FORMCHECKBOX b) 3:1.
FORMCHECKBOX c) 18.104.22.168.
FORMCHECKBOX d) 9:3:3:1.
7. A gene that affects three traits is
FORMCHECKBOX a) epistatic.
FORMCHECKBOX b) a multiple allele system.
FORMCHECKBOX c) pleiotropic.
FORMCHECKBOX d) dominant.
8. The probability of a crossover occurring between two genes on the same chromosome
FORMCHECKBOX a) is unrelated to the distance between them.
FORMCHECKBOX b) decreases with the distance between them.
FORMCHECKBOX c) increases with the distance between them.
9. Which of the following is one of the very important differences between mitosis and meiosis?
FORMCHECKBOX a) Chromosomes align midway between spindle poles only in meiosis.
FORMCHECKBOX b) Homologous chromosomes pair up only in meiosis.
FORMCHECKBOX c) DNA is replicated only in mitosis.
FORMCHECKBOX d) Sister chromatids separate only in meiosis.
FORMCHECKBOX e) Interphase occurs only in meiosis.
10. The main evolutionary advantage of sexual over asexual reproduction is that it produces
FORMCHECKBOX a) more offspring per individual.
FORMCHECKBOX b) more variation among offspring.
FORMCHECKBOX c) healthier offspring.