37. What private dental organization works with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to regulate dental materials and devices?
38. Which of these materials is not used as a filler in composites?
39. Most cements are mixed on a polycoated mix pad. What property of zinc phosphates requires that they be mixed on a glass slab?
A. High viscosity
B. Highly acidic
C. Low viscosity
40. All the following are viscosities that are provided with polyvinylsiloxanes, except
41. Which of the following medications is an example of a narcotic?
42. Adding more water than recommended to mix dental stone will lead to a
A. weaker, faster-setting stone.
B. stronger, slower-setting stone.
C. weaker, slower-setting stone.
D. stronger, faster-setting stone.
43. Which of the following is not available in a pre-capsulated form?
A. Resin ionomer
C. Glass ionomer
D. Self-cure composite
44. When a custom tray is fabricated from self-cure acrylic resin, the tray must sit for _______ hours after fabrication before it should be used.
45. If the mixing time is increased with the recommended volume of water to a given weight of stone, the stone will
A. set at the same rate.
B. won’t set at all.
C. set slower.
D. set faster.
46. The type of gypsum product used because of its hardness and wear resistance for waxing patterns to make crowns and bridges is
A. mounting stone.
B. pattern stone.
C. die stone.
D. impression plaster.
47. All the following are bite registration materials, except
C. zinc oxide and eugenol paste.
48. Which of the following is not an advantage in administering nitrous oxide?
A. Easy to administer
B. Useful with the handicapped
C. Easy to use
D. Rapid recovery
49. Which step in dentin bonding is responsible for wetting the tooth surface in preparation for the bonding resin?
50. Which of the following is the most commonly used inhalational agent in dentistry?
A. Nitrous oxide