repare a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you summarize health care reform material.
Assume you are making a presentation to the board of directors concerning your investigation into the economic issue you submitted for your Learning Team assignments in Weeks Two and Three.
Have a minimum of 10 to 15 slides with extensive speaker notes, augmenting and expanding on the information presented in each slide.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Use methods and tools common to addressing economic challenges in the health care industry.
- Discuss how such methods and tools relate to health care reform.
- Determine and explain which solution is most effective. Mention the payment sources involved.
1. Permeability is the condition of being capable of having materials flow into and out of a membrane. The permeability of a cell membrane is determined by how easily a molecule can diffuse across the membrane. Usually, only molecules that are fat-soluble can permeate across a cell membrane. Why is this the case?
1. a. Consider the following types of substitution mutations. Make a table describing the DNA mutation, the effects on the protein and the possible effects on the cell:
transition, transversion, missense, nonsense, neutral, silent and frameshift
b. Consider a protein that has the following sequence of amino acid. This is the wild type protein sequence.
Met – Thr – Cys – His – Ser – Ser …
Mutations of the DNA have led to the following protein sequences. In each case, provide an explanation of a mutation or mutations that are most likely to have could have occurred. Discuss how these mutations will effect the cell.
a. Met – Thr – Ser – His – Ser – Ser …
b. Met – Thr
c. Met – Thr – Leu– Ser – Phe – Phe ……
c. Codons for the same amino acid tend to differ only by the third base position. Why?