Continue analyzing the situation that your case study’s healthcare organization faces. In this milestone, you will continue to evaluate the impact of the mission and vision of the healthcare organization’s strategic plan. You will also consider how the organization’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats affect the environmental factors that confront the healthcare organization.
Develop a SWOT analysis of the healthcare organization. Be sure to address the following:
- Briefly summarize your case study.
- To what extent do the organization’s policies address this issue? Be sure to justify your response.
- To what extent does the organization’s strategic planning around this issue align with its organizational mission and vision? Use evidence and examples to justify your reasoning.
- What do you feel are the organization’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) with regard to this issue? Be sure to substantiate your claims with evidence and specific examples.
- Based on the SWOT analysis you performed, what environmental factors are at play in terms of this issue and what is their impact on the delivery of care within the organization? In other words, identify any new policies or new trends that will affect your day-to-day operation.
- Topic: Servant Leadership from a Christian Perspective: The Issue of Serving
Leadership Journal: Serving
Journaling provides a valuable tool for recording, reflecting on, and reviewing your learning. This approach provides an opportunity for you to “connect the dots” and observe the relationships between and among activities, interactions, and outcomes.
Unlike a personal journal of thoughts and feelings, this Leadership Journal is a record of your activities, assessments, and learning related to this academic experience.
Journal entries should include a record of the number of hours spent with your nurse leader each week.
Write a journal entry of 1,000-1,500 words on the subject of serving, including the following:
1. Provide observations and thoughts on the activities in Weeks 9-10.
2. Would your co-workers or those you “serve” consider you responsible for some aspect of their success? Describe a situation where you were able to assist another nurse with achieving a professional goal.
3. Reflect on at least two things you learned from the “Issue of Servant” video.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
3. Issue of Example