1. List three characteristics of healthy people and explain why you agree or disagree, stating details from the video that you disagree or agree with.
2. List three characteristics of a healthy planet and explain why you agree or disagree. You must use details from the video in or statement. You must also suggest three additional characteristics of healthy people and state why these additional characteristics should be added to the list and taken seriously.
3. List at least three (3) food rules with which you agree and explain why you agree. You must use details from the video. You must come up with two additional food rules that were not part of the video, but that you think are worthy to be added to the list and say why your additional rules should be considered.
4. Do you disagree with any of the food rules in this documentary and why? You must use details from the video.
5. What is your personal opinion about the thoughts and ideas presented in this documentary?
A. Write an essay about Iron deficiency anemia no more than 2 pages.
B. Show the interactions of any 5 pairs of nutrients, explain the science behind the interactions For example, Vitamin E and Vitamin C- when Vitamin E gives up an electron to stop free radical reaction, Vitamin C helps Vitamin E to regain its lost electron.
TASK: Select a vitamin or mineral and address the associated question(s). To that end, be sure to label your subject heading with the selected vitamin/mineral.
Imagine you are attending your yearly health risk assessment. When you came to the appointment, you thought you had a proper diet and were of average health. It turns out, the doctor that examines you has a special interest in nutrition. She notices some inconsistencies with what you discuss with her and suggests that you may have a deficiency or toxicity of your selected vitamin or mineral. Your post should include the following information:
- Based upon the vitamin or mineral that you have chosen, what were your doctor’s observations and diagnosis?
- Do you have a toxicity or deficiency? Explain any disorders associated with the deficiency or toxicity.
- Briefly describe what your recommended daily allowance based upon your profile (sex, age, physical status, etc.) should be, your present intake estimate, and your action plan (adjustment in diet, etc.).
- If left untreated, what might be some of the more serious long term and detrimental effects this might have on your body?
- Which special populations (pregnant women, children, etc.) are most affected and why?
- What other prevention, treatment, and safety measures might be beneficial to regulate your health?