- The Pharmaceutical Industry and Health Professional Services
Due Week 8 and worth 160 points
Imagine you are the head administrator at Well Being Hospital, a hypothetical local health care facility. Your task is to communicate with Get Well Drugs, a major U.S. pharmaceutical manufacturer, in order to determine if the drugs supplied by this manufacturer are within benchmark standards set forth by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and are thus suitable for use at your hospital. Specifically, you have to report your findings to the health care professionals who use these medications.
Note: You may create and / or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1. Recommend a strategy for communication with Get Well Drugs in order to determine if the drugs supplied by this manufacturer are within benchmark standards set forth by the FDA.
2. Outline a plan for asking questions directed toward Get Well Drugs about any FDA regulations which may be applicable to your local hospital.
3. Outline a plan for communicating these findings to a local consortium of nurses and physicians at your hospital. This plan must include, at a minimum, the cost of the drugs, as well as the types of drugs for use in mental, behavioral, and general services.
4. Conclude your findings, in which you suggest the pros and cons of using Get Well Drugs.
5. Use at least four (4) recent (i.e., last five  years), quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Explain the major components of the U.S. health care system, their functions, and the relationships among these components.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in health services organization.
· Write clearly and concisely about health services organization using proper writing mechanics.