[INSERT TITLE HERE] 1
Running head: [INSERT TITLE HERE]
[INSERT TITLE HERE]
Allied American University
This paper was prepared for [INSERT COURSE NAME], [INSERT COURSE ASSIGNMENT] taught by [INSERT INSTRUCTOR’S NAME].
BIO 170: Fundamentals of Nutrition
Module 6 Homework Assignment
PART I: PROJECT – FOOD INTAKE PLAN
Directions: Create a food intake plan for a breastfeeding woman by completing the steps outlined below. Your food intake plan must be at least two pages in length, double-spaced, Times New Roman, and 12-point font. Please be sure to cite any references used.
- Go to www.choosemyplate.gov
- Locate the “For Consumers” section around the middle of the page and click on “Moms/Moms-to-be.”
- Locate the “For Both” section and click on the link for Daily Food Plan.
- Read the information provided about proper nutrition care for moms. Then click on the link within the paragraph, “Daily Food Plan.”
- Enter the information for a 27-year old woman who is 5 feet, 5 inches tall; weighs 130 pounds; exercises for less than 30 minutes per day; and is exclusively breastfeeding her 2-month-old infant. (Note: For the baby’s date of birth, estimate a date approximately 2 months before the current date.)
- Review the Daily Food Plan provided and make a list of recommended foods for the new mom. Then list and describe any nutrients that must be increased or decreased during the lactation phase.
PART II: PROJECT – SNACK IDEAS
Directions: Our eating habits are learned at a very young age. With busy lifestyles and the availability of convenient unhealthy snacks, sometimes it is hard for parents to focus on providing their children with the healthiest choices.
Create 10 snack ideas for children ages 2 and up that are quick, convenient, and healthy. Your snack ideas must total at least two pages in length, double-spaced, Times New Roman, and 12-point font. Please be sure to cite any references used.