This week we will have some fun exploring the amazing biodiversity on earth!
Pick one species as your favorite creature! It could be an animal, plant, fungus or bacteria. Humans and pets are excluded. Use reliable information sources to research this creature and answer at least 3 of these questions:
- Which other species is your favorite creature related to and what are some of its ancestors?
- What makes your favorite creature unique compared to other species?
- Are there any concerns about the population status of your species? Is its population affected by human activities? Explain.
- What is your favorite creature’s geographic range? In which ecosystem/biome does it live?
- How does your favorite creature fit into the food web? What does it eat? And who eats it?
Everyone must also include why you picked this particular species as your favorite creature, and at least one embedded picture or video of your species.
Assessment Description .
You are required to read the following journal article article:
How Risky is Your Company? HBR. May-June 1999 https://hbr.org/1999/05/how-risky-is-your-company
Ensure you click on the ‘Read More’ link to view the Risk Exposure Calculator.
You are also required to read a fictional case study based on a company that will be provided to you.
You must then prepare a risk assessment report on the company using the Risk Exposure Calculator and specifically address:
A. Pressure points due to growth
i) pressure for performance
ii) rate of expansion
iii) inexperience of key employees
B. Pressure points due to culture
i) rewards for entrepreneurial risk taking
ii) executive resistance to bad news
iii) level of internal competition
C. Pressure points due to information management
i) transaction complexity and velocity
ii) gaps in diagnostic performance
iii) degree of decentralised decision making