DISCUSSION BOARD GRADING RUBRIC
There are a 30-40 points per Discussion Board
· Your instructor will award points for your discussion threads based on the following rubric containing 2 aspects to consider when adding your thread to your group’s discussion: (1) Communication of Ideas and (2) Responsiveness. Points earned will reflect how thorough you were in your explanations.
· Compose your thoughts in a Word document and perfect it there. Copy and paste your thoughts into a Blackboard discussion thread when you feel they are ready for posting. There are no excuses for spelling or grammatical errors in a discussion thread!
· Timely posting is essential! Do NOT wait until the last minute to post your thoughts and replies. This hampers your classmate’s abilities to complete their work as well, and the class discussion does not benefit from your thoughts.
· Lastly, be sure to reference your sources! Do NOT plagiarize by copying and pasting from other websites. At the bottom give the complete website, not just for example www.cdc.gov as that website has a lot of very different pages. If I find that you have not cited sources or have copied verbatim you will receive a “0” for the assignment!
· Be sure to read the examples of excellent initial postings and responses that I have posted for you to see.
|Original Posting||0 Point||5 Point||10 Points||15 Points||20 Points|
|Communication of Ideas||No posting OR
No sources cited
|Minimal organization with generalities to support evidence; missing 3 or more proficiency criteria||Basic organization with limited evidence/too short; missing 3 or more proficiency criteria||Organized argument with good supporting evidence/may be too short (less than 4 paragraphs); missing citations||Well-organized, persuasive argument with accurate, supporting evidence, plus sources cited in APA format. (4-5 Paragraphs- minimum 5-7 sentences).|
|Replies to Other Students||0 Point||1 Point||5 Points||8 Points||10 Points|
|Responsiveness||No reply OR
No sources cited
|Does not meet 3 or more proficiency criteria||Does not meet 2 or more proficiency criteria||Only 1 paragraph in discussion or not entirely centered on topic and/or lack of sources||Refers to others’ opinions as well as readings in discussion; contributes relevant information with source in APA format, (2-3 paragraphs -5-7 sentences)|