- Evaluate current or future applications of biotechnology in the fields of medicine or agriculture.
- Provide at least three real-world examples of current or future applications of biotechnology in either of these fields. Present a minimum of three reliable references.
Write a 2–3-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Read the Assessment 4 Context document (linked in the Resources, under the Required Resources heading) to learn about the concepts used in this assessment.
You will use the following resources for this assessment. They are linked in the Required Resources.
- Complete this assessment using the DAA Template.
- Read the SPSS Data Analysis Report Guidelines for a more complete understanding of the DAA Template and how to format and organize your assessment.
- Refer to IBM SPSS Step-By-Step Instructions: One-Way ANOVA for additional information on using SPSS for this assessment.
- If necessary, review the Copy/Export Output Instructions to refresh your memory on how to perform these tasks. As with your previous assessments, your submission should be narrative with supporting statistical output (table and graphs) integrated into the narrative in the appropriate place (not all at the end of the document).
You will analyze the following variables in the grades.sav data set:
Step 1: Write Section 1 of the DAA
- Provide a context of the grades.sav data set.
- Include a definition of the specified variables (predictor, outcome) and corresponding scales of measurement.
- Specify the sample size of the data set.
Step 2: Write Section 2 of the DAA
- Analyze the assumptions of the one-way ANOVA.
- Paste the SPSS histogram output for quiz3 and discuss your visual interpretations.
- Paste SPSS descriptives output showing skewness and kurtosis values for quiz3 and interpret them.
- Paste SPSS output for the Shapiro-Wilk test of quiz3 and interpret it.
- Report the results of the Levene’s test and interpret it.
- Summarize whether or not the assumptions of the one-way ANOVA are met.
Step 3: Write Section 3 of the DAA
- Specify a research question related to the one-way ANOVA.
- Articulate the null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis.
- Specify the alpha level.
Step 4: Write Section 4 of the DAA
- Begin by pasting SPSS output of the means plot and providing an interpretation.
- Also report the means and standard deviations of quiz3 for each level of section.
- Next, paste the SPSS ANOVA output and report the results of the F test, including:
- Degrees of freedom.
- F value.
- p value.
- Calculated effect size.
- Interpretation of the effect size.
- Finally, if the omnibus F is significant, provide the SPSS post-hoc (Tukey HSD) output.
- Interpret the post-hoc tests.
Step 5: Write Section 5 of the DAA
- Discuss the conclusions of the one-way ANOVA as it relates to the research question.
- Conclude with an analysis of the strengths and limitations of one-way