Historically, works of art have been thought of as valuable and effective tools in the communication of power and authority.
- Compare the use of visual imagery in ancient times to the ways contemporary leaders use visual imagery to communicate the qualities of their leadership.
- Compare and contrast the visual and symbolic language used by rulers across time and place.
- In what ways did ancient rulers use works of art to establish and proclaim their right and ability to rule?
- Identify additional details in their selected works of art that illustrate and support their discussion.
- Compare and contrast the works of art your peers cite in their discussions and the ideas you express in your post.
- Initial Posts 150-
Explore the EEOC website to learn more about the organization.
Click the About the EEOC link and select Newsroom. Select a press release about an employee lawsuit published within the last six months.
Search the Internet to find at least one news item about this lawsuit, preferably from a news source in the state in which the incident occurred.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper that includes the following:
- A description of the compliance issue that led to the lawsuit and its ramifications for the organization
- A brief summary of the functions of the EEOC in one paragraph
- The EEOC’s role in this lawsuit
- Whether or not this lawsuit promotes social change; justify your reasoning
- A comparison of the EEOC press release to the news item. What accounts for the differences?
- Strategies you would implement, if you were a senior manager of this company, to ensure future compliance and inclusion in the multicultural workplace
Cite your sources and the textbook Understanding and Managing Diversity.
Format your paper according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.
Present an oral summary of your case to your peers during our week four class.